frumious

Interrupting Soliloquy

I enjoy most things, and don't believe that enjoying things means that I shouldn't rip it apart critically. Also don't think reading is the panacea of all ills, so I read a lot of comics and play a lot of video games.

Karma Cola: Marketing the Mystic East
Gita Mehta

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There - Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente Valente is one of those authors that makes me feel incredibly conflicted in the sense that her writing is always an astounding work of art that I adore and makes me hate everything. Her prose is SO. GOOD. It is good to a level I would be able to forsake all plot and sense to enjoy on its own terms, but even there the book doesn't shirk. It is everything I loved from my personally adored children's classics, with the expanse of Oz, the surreal and the literal figuratives present in Wonderland and Phantom Tollbooth, the silent observation/recollection of children and being children in all books aimed at that age. The Fairyland books are so good to read, I would recommend these books to everyone because they deserve to be read and anyone who isn't is sorely missing out. A lot of people told me that the second one was superior to the first, which I thought bizarre considering I loved the first so much but I can see why. September is growing up in a difficult time for everyone and the process is difficult and as solemn and long and her journeys in Below reflect that more than anything.

REAAAADDDDD ITTTTTT.